Hi there! My name is Gemma.
I am an illustrator who loves drawing and storytelling.
When I am not illustrating, I am offering creative workshops for children. A great combination in which both facettes feed on each other.
My illustration work is mainly focused on: editorial, book, educational, lifestyle, advertising, children books and comics.
A bit about myself
A self-taught artist, coming with an interesting mix of circumstances…
- Love listening and connecting with nature. These are truly precious moments.
- I enjoy the simple things and learn from observation.
- Very demanding with myself and also a bit clumsy, but just a little bit (my friends might disagree on that…).
- Love Hanging out with my feline nephews, ignoring my asthma and allergies!
- Don´t like to talk about myself pretty much, but I can draw it instead
- I am speaking four languages.
- Asturian (Spanish) but living in Austria.
Apparently, my name sounds very funny in Austrian dialect, meaning “Let´s go”. A pretty confusing and creepy thing at the beginning to be honest.
- Enjoy creating together with children, I keep learning so much from them…
- Love to be told stories, but then who doesn’t.
- My most valuable treasure: my children books’ collection.
– Senseless fluids,
– “The Factory” Collective Exhibition. July 2021, Salzburg Austria
– “Work in Progress”, Die Bäckerei. May 2022. Innsbruck Austria.
– “The Factory” Collective Exhibition. July 2022, Salzburg. Austria
Do you want to receive a quarterly newsletter
with updates about my work?