Hi there! My name is Gemma.
I am an illustrator who loves drawing and storytelling.
When I am not illustrating, I am offering creative workshops for children. A great combination in which both facettes feed on each other.
My illustration work is mainly focused on: editorial, book, educational, lifestyle, advertising, children books and comics.
A bit about myself
A self-taught artist, coming with an interesting mix of circumstances…
- Asturian (Spanish) but living in Austria.
- Apparently, my name sounds very funny in Austrian dialect, meaning “Let´s go”.
Let’s say, it was pretty confusing and creepy at the beginning to be honest.
- I am speaking four languages.
- Love to be told stories, but then who doesn’t.
- My most valuable treasure: my children books’ collection.
- I enjoy the simple things and learn from observation.
- Very demanding with myself and also a bit clumsy, but just a little bit
(my friends might disagree on that…).
- Don´t like to talk about myself pretty much, but I can draw it.
- I like to…
Listen to and connect with nature. These are truly my most precious moments.
Hang out with my feline nephews, ignoring my asthma and allergies!
Creating together with children, I keep learning so much from them…
Exhibitions & Collaborations
“Confines Ilustrados” – Collective online exhibition of Spanish Woman Illustrators
La Periférica | Cultura Contemporánea, Almería (SP) June 2020
“Tinta Cantábrica” – Collective exhibition of Asturian Woman Illustrators
El Bosque de la Maga Colibrí (SP) 2019
Strukture & Kaos (Fohnfest) – Collective exhibition
Die Bäckerei, Innsbruck (AT) 2016
Senseless fluids – Solo exhibition
Die Bäckerei, Innsbruck (AT) 2015
World Summit Youth Award Winners – Solo exhibition
Red Bull Station, Sao Paolo (BR) 2014
“Menores de 30” (Under 30) – Collective exhibition
La Habitación Blanca, Avilés (SP) 2013
Momento Celacanto – Solo exhibition
La Habitación Blanca, Avilés (SP) 2012
John Hughes (JHH Fanzine)
Vol. #2, #3, #4, #5 (SP)
Do you want to receive a quarterly newsletter
with updates about my work?